Saturday, 8 August 2015

The raw obsession continues


Everyone needs to download the Hippie Lane App! I'll be honest, it was the design of the app which forced me to get it- it just looks THAT good. Not only do I love the aesthetic of it but the recipes themselves look almost too good to be healthy and the 'favourites' feature makes it so easy to flick between the recipes you want to try. I went through the whole app gasping at how amazing all of the recipes looked and telling myself 'I NEED TO MAKE THAT' but I settled on the raweos for my first attempt.




Ok, so they don't look as good as the ones from the app... But not a bad attempt. I decided to use peanut butter to fill the raweos because I couldn't really be bothered to soak cashews for 2 hours and in all honesty, I just love peanut butter. If you're looking for the biscuity crunch of an Oreo- you won't find that here but if you want something sweet and chocolatey to satisfy your sweet tooth, this is definitely a contender. What I have said about raw food previously also applies here- there isn't much point trying to imitate foods like cake and biscuits using raw recipes because it just won't be the same but if you want to try something a bit different and forget about the comparisons, raw treats can be pretty delicious in their own right. 




No comments:

Post a Comment